For me, 2013 is ending much as it started, quietly. It's been an interesting year, a year of transitions. There have been lows, and highs, with everyday moments in between. Mostly I feel grateful. I'm thankful for my family and friends, for my loving husband, and for our little girl on the way. I'm also so appreciative of all of you who take the time to stop by my little blog - I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it really means a lot to me. Thank you!
So to mark this time of reflection, here is a snapshot of where I'm at the end of 2013.
- making: a baby girl.
- cooking: nothing at the moment, I'm still battling pregnancy food aversions. Eating? Now that's a different story.
- drinking: a lot of sparkling water - wine, how I miss you.
- reading: The Signature of All Things, by Elizabeth Gilbert, plus a myriad of baby books.
- wanting: a new hair cut.
- looking: forward to meeting our baby in the spring.
- playing: with our twin kitties.
- wasting: time on Pinterest. ;-)
- sewing: nothing - sadly not a talent I inherited.
- wishing: only good things for this new little life growing inside of me.
- enjoying: this season of life.
- liking: feeling more and more comfortable in my own skin.
- loving: my husband.
- hoping: the second 1/2 of my pregnancy goes as smoothly as the first.
- smelling: fresh flowers from our kitchen.
- wearing: a lot of this.
- following: my intuition.
- noticing: the little things (or trying too - pregnancy has forced me to slow down a lot).
- knowing: that there is a lot we cannot control in this life, aside from our own actions, responses, and perceptions. I'm trying to keep mine positive.
- thinking: a lot about my family, and the future.
- feeling: very grateful.
- bookmarking: Malcolm Gladwell - he's next on my reading list after a few more baby books.
- opening: up.
- giggling: with girlfriends - in person or on the phone. You know who you are and I love you.
- reflecting: on the past year.
- laughing: with the hubs, mostly at the kitties.
Thanks for everything 2013 - here's lookin' at you 2014. xo!