Healthy Oatmeal Cookies

Monday, June 3, 2013

I love me a cookie, but let's face it - they are typically not the healthiest option out there. So I was super stoked (yes, stoked) to find this too-good-to-be-true recipe for 99.3 calorie cookies on the Skinny Fork




Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
TheSkinnyFork.com


Ingredients: 

  • 2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
  • 1/3 C. Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
  • 2/3 C. Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 1 Tsp. Vanilla
  • 1/2 Tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
  • Dash of Ground Cloves
  • Dash of Ground Nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 C. Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/4 C. Nuts (I used dry unsalted peanuts.)
  • 1/4 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 C. Reduced Fat Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (Optional)
Method: 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and spices. Add in the oats, nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut; stir until well combined.


Spoon a rounded 2 tbsp. of the cookie mixture onto the lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each and flatten slightly. I placed a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.

Image, etc via

8 comments:

  1. Healthy and cookie do not often go together but these look divine!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these have to be made in my kitchen. Look delicious :)

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! They have every thing I love. I returned to WW recently so am looking to cut calories. I am not sure cookies is the place to worry about calories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many calories are in one cookie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - it would depend on the specific ingredients you use and how large you made each cookie.

      Delete
    2. However, I would estimate around 100.

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger