30 Books to Read Before 30

Wednesday, June 13, 2012



List via Flavorwire:

The Iliad and The Odyssey, Homer
The Secret History, Donna Tartt
Jesus’ Son, Denis Johnson
The Complete Stories, Flannery O’Connor
Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare
The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway

The Road, Cormac McCarthy
Maus, Art Spiegelman
Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Middlesex, Jeffrey Eugenides
Ghost World, Daniel Clowes
On the Road, Jack Kerouac
Their Eyes Were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston
Cat’s Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut
Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov

The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
1984, George Orwell
The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Salinger
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
Beloved, Toni Morrison

Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace
Lord of the Flies, William Golding
Don Quixote, Miguel De Cervantes
The Trial, Franz Kafka
To the Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf

Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison
To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson

I have some work to do. :-) Which of these have you read? Which are your favorites? I am particularly partial to Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby, Beloved, To Kill a Mocking Bird, and Much Ado About Nothing

Image via

5 comments:

  1. I have read two off you list.. good luck and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read at least 7. At this point I'm not really sure if I read Lord of the flies or just know so much about it that I think I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Jesus' Son is on here! Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. What collection are those covers from. they look awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger