Wed Day

Wednesday, October 30, 2013


So, I have some news ... we're having a baby! 

Oh man, it feels so good to finally share this. I really don't like having a secret, especially one as exciting as this - but you're supposed to wait through your first trimester before shouting it from the roof tops, so that's what we did. It's hard to keep something like this in, especially when it's all so new, a little scary, and the only thing you can think about. 

It goes without saying that we are over the moon excited. And a little surprised - we weren't exactly "trying." But the universe doesn't give you more than you can handle, and the timing is actually pretty perfect. I feel really lucky that this little life chose us.  

I hope this explains why posts around here may have been a little lighter, and why I haven't been as active a commenter on all the other lovely blogs out there. I've been wiped lately - this growing a human business is tiring work! 


Tickle My Fancy isn't going to transform into a full on mommy blog, but I hope you'll indulge me a little as I share pieces of my pregnancy journey here and there. The best truly is yet to come. 

xoxo

Image via yours truly. 
Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I am so happy for you two...speechless. :-) Good luck, dear Lauren. Such great news! A mommy blog! It will be my only favorite mommy blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lera! That's so nice of you to say. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Life is full of surprises and this little surprise is a lifelong enjoyment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, I heard from Ben that you guys are expecting! Congratulations! I see your blog posts in my FB feed so I thought I'd comment here for some reason. :)

    Anywho, congrats and I wanted to pass a old friend of mine who lives in NY, she blogs about architecture and now has a spin off about green design relating to children's stuff so if you havent already heard of it check it out. BTW this is Michael Ben's old co-worker from AKQA. Hi Ben. Cheers, and here's the link> http://www.inhabitots.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! I'll check out her blog too. :-)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger