Wed Day

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ready for an anniversary weekend wrap-up?

It's been a doosie of a summer, so the hubs and I were both in need of a little escape, luckily our second anniversary (and the long Labor Day weekend) created the perfect excuse for a get away.

We rented a car and took off for Calistoga - the most northern part of the Napa Valley - wine tasting along the way of course. We stopped at the Chandon winery where the hubs first told my dad that he intended to propose. Then we headed to Turnbull (one of our favorites) for a specail bottle of their Viognier - the same wine we drank during our wedding ceremony. (We had a Jewish ceremony, wine is a symbol of joy in the Jewish tradition and two glasses are imbibed by the bride and groom at specific blessings during the ceremony. I know, that's my kind of wedding!) We celebrated our first anniversary with a specail bottle of the Turnbull Viogner, so we thought we should keep the tradition going.


We stopped at a few more wineries before making it to our charming B&B - the Backyard Garden Oasis. The BGO is exactly what it sounds like, an oasis in a beautifully landscaped garden. A perfect escape. We spent the rest of the weekend reading and relaxing at our B&B, exploring Calistoga, and taking in the waters (and detoxifying volcanic mud, yep, I paid someone to cover me in mud and I couldn't be happier about it) at the beautiful Indian Springs Resort and Spa. Bliss. I kept thinking how lucky we are to have all this just two hours drive from our appartment.

It was a treat of a weekend, and a really calming way to celebrate our anniversary. Time sure does fly.

Images via yours truly.
Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I could use one of those :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a lovely way to celebrate! I've never gotten a mud bath before, but I sure am curious to try it!!

    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger