Thursday's Tidbit

Thursday, September 5, 2013

I love love love these illustrations! These are the result of a collaboration between artist Mica Angela Hendricks and her 4-year-old daughter, who guilted her into sharing her sketch book. So cool, right? 


“Not surprisingly, I LOVED what she drew,” says Mica. “I had drawn a woman’s face, and she had turned her into a dinosaur-woman. It was beautiful, it was carefree, and for as much as I don’t like to share, I LOVED what she had created. Flipping through my sketchbook, I found another doodle of a face I had not yet finished. She drew a body on it, too, and I was enthralled. It was such a beautiful combination of my style and hers. And she LOVED being a part of it. She never hesitated in her intent. She wasn’t tentative. She was insistent and confident that she would of course improve any illustration I might have done. …And the thing is, she DID.”




Images etc via
Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.

1 comments:

  1. that is one seriously talented 4 year old. Makes for a very interesting collaboration.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger