Thursday's Tidbits

Thursday, September 19, 2013


The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that 43% of U.S. adults drink less than four cups of water daily. Yikes right?! Especially since we all should be drinking 5 -8 glasses depending on height and weight. 
Proper hydration is critical to so many vital health functions, from keeping your body toxin free, to keeping your energy levels up, to fortifying your immune system, to pretty looking skin. Drinking more water can even help relieve headaches, achy joints, and fatigue. Such a simple fix, no? 
Here are five ways to get more water in your life courtesy of mind body green:
  1. Drink water first thing in the morning (I add some apple cider vinegar to mine).
  2. Sweeten water naturally with fruit to make it more enticing (berries, grapes, cucumber, and lemon all work nicely for this).
  3. Invest in a water bottle or carafe that you love and will always keep with you (then use it).
  4. Track your progress throughout the day - there's gotta be an app for that.
  5. End your day with herbal tea, calming and hydrating.
Easy peasey, right?
Image via, tips via
Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.

2 comments:

  1. I am really bad about drinking water. I gave myself a schedule to drink a carafe that holds 20 oz by 11 am and another one by 3 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to keep my water bottle with me. If I don't I get dehydrated really fast.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger