Thursday's Tidbit

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Acupuncture, hurts so good. I have an appointment this week and am really looking forward it. 


I've been going regularly for about three years now. Some people go as much as once or twice a week, I go about once every six weeks for a tune up. I was really nervous my first appointment. I was worried it would hurt mostly, even though everyone says it doesn't - someone is going to stick you full of needles, that's weird. What I didn't know then is that the needles used are thinner than a human hair, and miraculously it really doesn't hurt. You are aware of the needles, there is a sensation, but it isn't pain. The best part is that it works. Within minutes of getting stuck, calm washes over me. My energy settles in a way I've never experienced.

I don't really know how it works, I just know that I feel healthier and better in my own skin since starting. I also suffer from chronic optical migraines - before acupuncture I would get hit with a bad one about once a month (and by bad I mean loose sight in one of my eyes, feel sick to my stomach, half a head full of pain, bad). Now I really only suffer from one of these bad migraines about twice a year - amaze. That's just one of the concrete benefits, there are other harder to explain benefits I've noticed since starting acupuncture like lower overall stress, and more inner peace (seriously). It really is incredible.

Do any of you do acupuncture as well? Would you ever try it?

Image via

1 comments:

  1. I have a dear friend that has used acupuncture to help her in getting pregnant. She really loves the way that it helps her feel more at peace. I need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger