Bread Lust

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So, like a crazy person, I gave up bread for lent - because I am apparently a glutton for some Catholic punishment. This year Ash Wednesday (the start of lent) fell on 2/13/13 - a week ago. So guess what I've been dreaming of for the past week? BREAD!

Allora, such is life. In 33 more days I can fix myself one of these tasty babies, eye on the prize people...



Roasted Strawberry, Brie, and Chocolate Grilled Cheese 

makes 2 sandwiches
  • 6 strawberries, quartered
  • 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 4 thick-cut slices of multigrain bread
  • 2-3 ounces of brie cheese, sliced
  • 1-2 ounces high-quality chocolate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss strawberries with oil and salt, then spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
Heat a large skillet or grill pan over medium-low heat. Butter the sides of two slices of bread, place them on the pan buttered-side down, then layer on a few slices of cheese, chocolate and berries. Top with a few more slices of cheese, then butter one side of the other slices of bread, and place on top (butter side up). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has started to melt, then gently flip the sandwich and cook on the other side until golden. Serve and enjoy!
Soon ...
Recipe and images via

1 comments:

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger