Tuesday's Tips & Tricks

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Four ingredient DIY body scrub ...


Y'all know I love a scrub, especially this baby. But I go through it like candy, I use it every. single. day. So in an effort to save a pretty penny I decided to try making my own sugar body scrub. I didn't use a recipe per-say, but I did reference these two DIY's to come up with my own four ingredient scrub. Here's what you'll need:

  • A Resealable Container
  • Coconut Oil
  • Honey
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Brown Sugar

I got everything on the cheep at Trader Joe's. Your proportions will depend on the size of your container.

I filled my container about 1/2 with coconut oil - bear in mind that coconut oil is quite solid so you'll have to scoop it out with a spoon, but it softens up and becomes much easier to work with. Next I added the honey, just a thin layer over the coconut oil. Then I poured on the sugar. I like a scrub to really scrub so I added quite a bit (almost filling the rest of the container  but you might want to add less depending on how gentle you want it). Next I covered everything with a generous layer of the jojoba oil and mashed it all up together. Easy, no?

I've been using this yummy, creamy concoction for a week now and am really happy with it. It's super moisturizing, nourishing, and smoothing. Plus all the ingredients are natural and (depending on where you buy them) are organic too, so you can feel really good about using it daily.

Think you'll give it a try yourself? If so, play around with proportions (less coconut oil if you want it to be less creamy for instance) to find a mix that works for you.

Image via yours truly. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger