- Use a small jar with a lid.
- Start by putting a large scoop of coconut oil in the bottom of the jar. It’s an “oil” but at room temp it has a white paste-y texture.
- Next, pluck your rose petals and put them into the jar on top of the coconut oil.
- Add your raw sugar. If you can’t find raw cane sugar, brown sugar is a great option! The coarser the better.
- Add almond or jojoba oil on top of the sugar.
- Wait a minute for your oil to seep down to the flower petals and then top it off with a little more almond or jojoba oil. Put the lid on the jar and let it sit so the oils can soak into the flower petals.
When you (or the person you’re gifting) are ready to use it, take a spoon and mash it all up. The coarse sugar will break up the rose petals and they’ll continue to break up as you rub the scrub on your skin. This scrub can have a shelf life of one year, but I wouldn’t imagine you’d ever leave this jar of magic sitting for that long.
All measurements are subject to the size of your jar. I broke it up into thirds– in other words, everything should be equal parts and each layer should take up 1/3 of the jar.