Livy at Four Months

Wednesday, September 10, 2014



My baby is four months old. Four! These have been the fastest (and sweetest) four months of my life. It's true what they say, the days are long but the years, they are short. I remind myself of that on especially trying days - someday you will miss this. She'll never be this little again, and you will miss this. It's an odd thing to feel nostalgic for a moment as you live it. I guess that's something every mommy ever has struggled with.

I'm just trying to drink her in. Her warm milky baby breath on my neck, the delicious weight of her body as I carry her to bed, the way she melts into my shoulder when I pick her up, her bright blue eyes and they way they follow me where ever I go, how fuzzy her little coconut head is ... I am truly smitten by this little lady. I don't even mind her poop that much (but we haven't started solids yet, so check back with me on that one in a few months).

At four months, Livy is so alert and very social. She loves going on walks, and prefers to sit front facing in our Stokke carrier now. She is an observer, quietly taking it all in until we're alone together, then she coos and squeals, telling me about everything she saw and what she thought about it. She can reach for and grasp a toy or lovie, and pull herself up to a seated position with help. She's rolled over once, but it would seem that for now, once was enough. She smiles and giggles, and wakes up in such a good mood - all big baby blues and toothless grins. She has such a sweet disposition, but there is determination there too. She knows what she likes, namely nursing, singing, cuddling, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, her baby gym, her lovie, her daddy, and me - most of all.

Babies don't stay babies for long enough, and I can't believe mine is already four months along. My sweet girl, I love you more than words can say.

Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly. 

1 comments:

  1. I was out of the blogosphere, cause I now use facebook more, but I knew I would find your beautiful girl here on a post! She's lovely! So sweet! Congratulations!
    Denisesplanet.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger