- 4 cups whole milk
- 5 whole cloves
- 12 eggs yolks
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Bourbon
- 4 cups cream
- fresh nutmeg to garnish
- Heat milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, on low until the mixture comes to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar and whisk together until light and fluffy. Whisk hot milk mixture (very slowly) into the eggs. Pour mixture into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. bring to a boil. Strain to remove cloves, and let cool. Stir in Bourbon, cream, remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Garnish with fresh nutmeg and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
Image etc via.Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.