Wed Day

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Cooking.


When the hubs first met me, I was not what you would call an amazing cook. You might not have even called me a good cook. I was adequate for a college girl. I could steam veggies, scramble eggs, and make brownies from a box. The hubs on the other hand was an excellent cook, still is when I give him the chance (he is not, however, what you would call a "tidy" chef). I mean, he came over and rolled sushi for me on our first date. C'mon!

So when we moved in together I resolved to learn, to learn to be able to fix my then boyfriend and now hubby a yummy and satisfying meal. Through a lot of practice, trial and error, and smoke alarms, I improved. I might even venture to say that I'm rather good now.

It's funny, when I was just cooking for myself, I was perfectly happy with a dinner of a few pieces of salami and some steamed veggies - but that changed as soon as I has someone to care for. I know that salami and soggy broccoli just wouldn't cut it for a young man in his 20's, and I didn't want it to. I wanted to cook something tasty, and feel the warmth of his smile as he enjoyed something that I had made. It felt important - it still does. I don't always hit it out of the park, but I'm light years from where I started. It makes me so proud to cook a meal I know he'll enjoy, a healthy one to boot. It makes me feel happy to know that I'll be able to provide this for our future family as well.

Image via

1 comments:

  1. That's certainly something I'm working on... I need to learn how to cook something beyond a turkey burger. LOL

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger