Sunday Meatloaf

Tuesday, August 6, 2013


The humble meatloaf, not a great name, and certainly not a glamorous dish. My mother never made it (not once), and I've only had it a handful of times. But for whatever reason last sunday I had a craving, and by God, I was making meatloaf. And you know what? It was pretty damn delicious. Here's how I did it. 




Sunday Supper: Meatloaf
Serves four, or makes great leftovers for two

INGREDIENTS 

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 3/4 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 large handful mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 cup arugula or spinach 
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup panko crumbs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 sage sprigs 
  • 2 tbs whole grain mustard
  • Tomato sauce

METHOD
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, onion, mushrooms, mustard, arugula, and panko crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I added a lot of pepper) - chili flakes, and "all purpose" seasoning are optional. Don't be afraid to get yo hands dirty, really mix it all together well. 
  3. Place your meat mixture in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover the mixture in tomato sauce (I like the Vodka Sauce from Trader Joe's), and top with a few sage sprigs. 
  4. Bake for 1 hour.
  5. Impress the shit out of your family. 

Serve with a rose and green salad. Enjoy! 



Images via yours truly. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thank you, dear Lauren, it does sound delicious. #5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delightful! I bet you have some killer leftovers on your hands.

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried or made meatloaf :-) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger