Thursday's Tidbit

Thursday, March 7, 2013

House guests in a small space.



Like I mentioned, my mama is coming for a visit - she arrives this evening and is staying through Sunday. I'm really looking forward to seeing her, but I'd be lying if I said that having a houseguest in a small space dosen't present it's own set of challenges. Here are a few of my survival tips:

Clean. This may be a no brainer, but a clean home (in my opinion) is a welcoming home. Plus in a small space, every mess is apparent. Give your space a good scrub down, make sure things are tidy, and that you have extra clean towels, sheets, and blankets on hand.

Flowers and candles. Little touches can make a major impact in a small space - fill yours with some sweetness. You'll be surprised by the difference candles and flowers make.

Sleeping arrangements. I dream of the day when the hubs and I will have a spare bedroom, until then guests sleep on the sofa. Luckily, our sofa is relatively deep and pretty comfy. I have extra bedding, pillows, and blankets to make it as bed-like as possible. You may have to get creative, but if you keep comfort in mind, you can find a solution that works for you and is still nice for your guests.

Little extras. I like to make sure I have extra tooth brushes, TP, wine, coffee, and any little extras you know your guests will enjoy or might need available.

Let go. Once your guests arrive, let it all go. The house will probably not stay tidy, it may feel cramped, but try not to focus on that. Just enjoy the special time you have with your loved one.

What special tips do you have for hosting guests?

Image via


2 comments:

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger