It's Friday ...

Friday, December 14, 2012

cheers! So, I'll admit it. I've been going through an Irish Cream phase lately - I blame the holidays, and maybe my dad. Whatever the culprit, it's a craving that cannot be denied. Maybe I'll try making my own. 




Irish Cream Liquor
Makes 4 cups

INGREDIENTS 

  • 1 cup strong coffee
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 Tablespoon dark cocoa
  • 1 Tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 14-ounce can organic, sweetened condensed milk*
  • 2 cups Irish whiskey

METHOD


1. Bring the coffee to a gentle simmer in a medium-size saucepan.
2. Add the cream, cocoa, sugar, honey and extracts, and whisk thoroughly.
3. Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, whisking frequently, until the mixture begins to thicken.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat; whisk in the sweetened condensed milk.
5. Transfer the mixture to a heat-safe glass, ceramic or metal bowl, and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
6. Whisk in the whiskey until completely blended.
7. At this point, you can either allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and then serve or transfer it to a lidded container and store it in the refrigerator.
8. Serve over ice.
Image and recipe via

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger