Thursday's Tidbit

Thursday, July 5, 2012



The Busy Trap - have you guys read this article? It talks about how we are all so "busy," but is it real or a fabrication? "Busyness serves as a kind of existential reassurance, a hedge against emptiness; obviously your life cannot possibly be silly or trivial or meaningless if you are so busy, completely booked, in demand every hour of the day."


Personally, I try not to be busy - I  need my down time. I need time and space to breath and decompress - I need time a space that is unscheduled to think, to daydream. I've always been this way. I think it's important to remember that downtime isn't wasted time - it's time to be yourself, time to laugh, time to honor your personal life. "Idleness is not just a vacation, an indulgence or a vice; it is as indispensable to the brain as vitamin D is to the body, and deprived of it we suffer a mental affliction as disfiguring as rickets. The space and quiet that idleness provides is a necessary condition for standing back from life and seeing it whole, for making unexpected connections and waiting for the wild summer lightning strikes of inspiration — it is, paradoxically, necessary ..." I'm comfortable having nothing to do, comfortable being just with myself and no plan, that's when you have the most possibilities. 


What do you all think? I'd love to know. Read the full article here, and tell me your thoughts. 


Image via

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger