Happy Birthday Mr. Mandela!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012


Happy 94th birthday Nelson Mandela!

The great Mr. Mandela once said, "for to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." Well, today even if we can't enhance someone's freedom, we can certainly do something nice for them (and be respectful, always) in honor of this great man's birthday. Will you join me in taking a moment today to brighten someone's day?

Photo of my college roommie, Shannon, & I in Cape Town, South Africa with a statue of Mr. Mandela in 2006. Shannon and I both decided to postpone college graduation by 6 months and study abroad a second time in South Africa (KwaZulu Natal Province). It was one of the most challenging and best 6 months of my life - such a formative experience. I'll share more another time. :-) 

1 comments:

  1. What an amazing man and sentiment. He's so right, the very least we can do is be kind to one another
    I think that is wonderful that you studied in South Africa. What a great experience!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger