From the weekend {part 2}

Monday, March 5, 2012

This past weekend we had a great family Saturday - then I had a solitary (but still great) Sunday. The hubs needed to work, and my girlfriends were otherwise occupied; so I was left to my own devices. This can be a dangerous situation, but I lucked out because the weather was perfect - so I resisted the temptation to stay in and spend the day watching the America's Next Top Model marathon and got my butt outside.


It was actually warm enough to wear my new cobalt maxi-sundress, and my sparkly sandals from our honeymoon.


The first place I found myself was on Fillmore Street - a great walking and shopping street in San Francisco's Pacific Heights neighborhood. I popped into a few stores, including the Marc by Marc Jacobs store and picked up this perfume. I change up my perfume seasonally (I don't know, it just makes sense to me) and I am loving this sent now that we are moving into Spring and Summer. I also decided to indulge in a small Coffee Bean Vanilla Ice Blended - such a treat!


Next I wanted to be by the water, so I made my way from Pac Heights toward the Marina and snapped this shot along the way. That dome is the Palace of Fine Arts, and you can see the Golden Gate just behind it.


I ended up by the Bay, just sitting and watching the sail boats for a while.


I walked by Fort Mason as I started to make my way back home towards Nob Hill. On the way home I ended up stopping at Milk + for a spur of the moment mani pedi. (After the foot photo from earlier, I decided I needed it.)


After what ended up being over a 5 mile walk, I decided I needed a Skinny Girl margarita, at my favorite bar in the city - my appartment. A fun (and yummy) exclamation point to the day.

I love San Francisco - even if you have nothing planned, you can just wander out your front door and have a great spur of the moment day. Plus, coming home to these sweet ones makes any day special.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger