Hello again

Wednesday, May 13, 2015


Oh hi there! It's been a while. I missed you all and I missed this space. It's been a bit of a whirlwind since I last checked in here six months ago (what?!). I'm actually not sure where to start, so I'm just going to jump in.

There've been two major updates in the last few months: we moved from SF to LA and our little girl turned one (again, what?!).

Yep, we left our beloved city by the bay -- sadly, another family pushed out of San Francisco by the totally inflated cost of living -- for sunny southern California. Although I miss San Francisco something awful, moving to LA is like coming home for me. I grew up down here and there were parts of southern California that I really missed, the lifestyle is actually pretty awesome, especially if you like the beach, hiking, and saying "like" a lot, all of which I do. We're closer to family here, and the hubs got a great job to boot. Still, it's a very different lifestyle (hello, driving) and were still adjusting. But it's good, it's a new adventure. :-)

Part of that adventure was our baby girl turning one! Ahh! So crazy. We survived our first year of parenthood. This past year has been the most beautiful blur, and I think I'm still processing everything that's happened. This is a significant chapter in our lives, it's a time for slowing down, for sacrifices, for loving (and being loved) more deeply than ever before. It's hard to see it all clearly through the bleary haze of permeant sleep deprivation, and we're still in the middle of it. Still, one is a milestone, something to celebrate.

Anyway, that's my news. How are you all?

I'm still working on balancing this whole mom thing with, well, everything else, but I think I'm getting the hang of it and am going to try and make more of an effort to nurture this space.

Talk soon? Cool.

Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly. 


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Your family looks lovely, so sweet! And wow, 6 months have gone, it's true! I visited your blog sometimes and noticed there wasn't any post. So I followed you on bloglovin and it paid off, so that when you had a new post I would receive it :) And here I am to say congratulations for the first year of cute daughter! She is so sweet! Well, sad to have to move, but you said you grew up in the area of LA, so... like you, or the losangelinos I like to say "like" :) I hope you are enjoying your new environment and again, welcome back, it was great to know about you!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Denise! Thanks so much for coming back and for your sweet note. I hope you're doing well too! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So cute and happy family picture. I'm so glad that you write again. I hope you will still update this blog. I liked the plaid button down shirts for men outfit of your husband. Anyway, keep on posting. I will subscribe to your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger