New Mama Style

Monday, August 25, 2014

When you're a new mommy, dressing yourself - heck, showering - is a feat in and of itself, never mind dressing stylishly. Plus, how do you redefine your style after months of maternity clothes? Even those with killer maternity style probably still weren't dressing like their pre-pregnancy selves. So how do you get back there? How do you dress to feel like "you" again and accommodate your new roles as mommy? How are mommies meant to dress anyway?


Honestly, I have no idea. The first few weeks after baby girl was born I just wore yoga pants and maternity tops. Slowly I started to fit back into my old clothes and started rediscovering past faves. I started to notice the moms who's style I thought was "cute" and took copious mental notes, I'm still doing this actually. I started to gravitate toward basics and classics, comfort and easy boob access (you know, because nursing) became keys for me. I'm still figuring out what my "mom style" is - what fits my life now and still makes me feel attractive - somedays I do better than others. I wear a lot of tee shirts. The outfit above is quickly becoming my uniform. Skinny jeans (leggings around the house - let's be real), a soft v neck (I love the shirts from Marine Layer), cute flats (Vans or strappy sandals), sunnies, a cute bag, lipgloss to make you look awake even if you don't feel it, and of course a sling for ze bebe (the Sakura Bloom - pictured - or the Stokke carrier - not pictured) and a little outfit from Baby GAP.


Unfortunately, a lady cannot live in v necks alone. So here's an outfit fro when I need to step it up a notch (our anniversary day trip to wine country for instance). A bright and floaty sundress, a chambray shirt, cute flats, a dressy bag (Marc by Marc Jacobs from a few seasons ago), sunnies, lip gloss, and of course a sling for ze bebe and a little outfit from peek kids.

I'll probably never be back 100% to my pre-pregnancy self style wise, but that's okay - I'm figuring out this new me.

Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like both bags! Also, Vans has some pretty good looking leather slip-ons, I'm sure they're both comfy and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the 2nd picture with the pieces to match, but the 1st bag - red, my favorite color - is really amazing! I hope you have a great anniversary and you are right - big changes make us look forward, and I guess it's right this way! Sorry I was a bit absent, but also going through changes and big decisions, but I always come back! denisesplanet.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger