Watermelon Coconut Refresher
via A House in the Hills
- 2 full cups watermelon, cubed
- 12 oz coconut water
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 lime cut into wheels
- simple syrup
- Place watermelon cubes in blender, pulse 5-10 seconds until pureed, set aside.
- In a large shaker muddle, coconut water and lime wedges.
- Add ice and tequila to shaker, shake for 10-20 seconds.
- Pour simple syrup and sugar onto two separate small plates.
- Dip rim of glass in simple syrup and then into sugar to make sugar rim. Repeat for all glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Strain contents of shaker evenly into glasses.
- Fill remainder of glass with watermelon puree, stir gently.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
- 1 cup of cubed watermelon makes just under 1 cup watermelon puree.
- Additional simple syrup may be used to sweeten cocktail as desired.
- There may be additional watermelon puree depending on size of glassware used.