Weekend Wrap Up

Monday, December 9, 2013


Weekends have definitely taken on a new significance since getting knocked up - I really treasure these few days to recuperate more than ever. Late nights aren't so late (or so boozy), but that doesn't really bother me. Maybe I'm growing up. :-)

This past weekend started of rainy and was cold, cold, cold all the way through. Friday night we had dinner with the hubs' favorite uncle (in town for a medical conference) and then called it an early night (no shocker there, see above). It's always a treat to spend time with family you don't get to see nearly as often as you'd like.

Saturday was lazy, but that night actually ended up being pretty special. Since we've been together, the hubs and I have taken at least one night in December to wander around whatever city we're in at the moment and take in all the Christmas lights. For the past few years that's meant a walk around Nob Hill, Union Square, and Downtown - hot coffee or coco included of course. It's not a radical tradition to keep, it's a small thing really, but still feels important - chatting, walking hand in hand. I look forward to it all year. This year felt even more significant - everything this time of year seems a little more significant with a baby on the way. The season is highlighted knowing that is the last year  it will be "just the two of us" and that this time next year we'll be wandering looking at Christmas lights and the kittens in the Macy's window with a baby in tow. Craziness ... 

How were your weekends dolls? I'd love to hear!

Image via yours truly.  
Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.

1 comments:

  1. Hi, Lauren! It was super cold here as well, we have some snow on the ground now.
    Yours is such a nice tradition ;-), and I am sure it will be different next year. Different, but fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger