Healthy Pumpkin Pie French Toast yields: 2-3 servings
- 2 organic eggs
- Ezekiel bread - 5-6 pieces
- 1 cup organic pumpkin (I used canned pumpkin in BPA-free can)
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Pumpkin seeds
- Coconut oil
- Whisk together eggs, almond milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl.
- Dip and coat both sides of bread with the mixture.
- Add coconut oil to the skillet or griddle so bread won’t stick. (Add more oil as needed)
- Over medium heat, cook on pan until golden brown. Flip and cook both sides.
- Use pumpkin cookie cutter. (optional)
- Top with organic 100% pure maple syrup, more pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin seeds.