Thursday's Tidbit

Thursday, October 24, 2013


This is going to sound totally Stepford of me, but I actually really like cleaning. Before you roll your eyes, hear me out. I like it because not only does it give me a sense of calm and control in a chaotic world, it's also a great work out. Apartment therapy recently posted about this, here is there breakdown of calorie burning chores: 
  • Vacuuming and Sweeping: (burn 240 calories/hour) 
  • Scrubbing Floors: (burn 325 calories/hour) 
  • Stairs: (burn 250 calories/hour) 
  • Childcare: (burn 205 calories/hour) 
  • Cooking: (burn 150 calories/hour) 
  • Laundry (repetitive bending): (burn 260 calories/hour) 
  • General Cleaning (dishes, dusting): (burn 200 calories/hour)
  • Shoveling Snow: (burn 415 calories/hour)
  • Mowing the Lawn: (burn 325 calories/hour)
  • Raking Leaves: (burn 235 calories/hour)
Feeling a little more motivated? Me too! 
Image via
Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly.

1 comments:

  1. LOL That's exactly what I tell myself when I clean..."At least you're burning calories."

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger