Cheers!

Friday, August 9, 2013

It's Friday! What a week. I don't know about you, but I am ready to kick back with one of my favorites. 



Rhubarb Bellini
ingredients
  • 2 cups rhubarb, chopped (about 2 large stalks)
  • 1/2 cup cane sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Thinly peeled zest and juice from 1 lemon
  • Chilled Prosecco

method
Combine all ingredients (except Prosecco, duh) in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to a slow bubble and cook until the rhubarb softens to a mushy texture, about 15 minutes.

Puree the rhubarb with an immersion blender or by hand with a potato masher until smooth. Refrigerate until cold. Or if you're very, er, thirsty, chill the puree in a bowl of ice water until cold.

Pop open a bottle of cold Prosecco or other sparkling wine. Spoon 1 - 2 tablespoons of the puree into flutes. Pour some Prosecco over, stir to blend and top off with more Prosecco, pouring gradually.

Bottoms up!

Image etc via

Want more? Never miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin or Feedly

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger