Thursday's Tidbit

Thursday, October 4, 2012

What makes you happy? This is a loaded question, is it not? There are lot's of big and little answers, as verried as snowflakes. I'm not going to attempt the larger aspects of this issue here (at least not in this post), but there are quite a few little things I try to incorporate into the everyday that contribute to my happiness.


I make my bed. This is a small thing, but it is amazing the difference it makes setting the tone for may day. Plus, it's so much nicer to come home to made bed than feeling like I have to add it to my afterwork "chore list."


I buy myself flowers. Y'all know I love a bouquet, but I also almost always have a vase of fresh flowers at my desk at work as well - along with my terrariums. I spend 40 hours a week in my cube, I might as well make it pretty, right? (I am totally partial to white tulips or lilies in an office - they're fun and girly, but still say "I can be professional")


I call my mom and my sister- a lot. I walk to and from work, the perfect 20 minute window for a quick chat.


I have pets. This is key, I will never not have a pet again.


I get out, even if I have no real plans I go for a walk, I explore a part of the City I've never been to, even if it's by myself, or just for 30 minutes on a lunch break. It's amazing how much movement and fresh air can improve your outlook.


Then sometimes, you just need a cupcake.

What are you everyday happiness tricks?

Images 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger