Hero

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who inspires you? Who are your heros?  

After this post, I started thinking about the incredible women who inspire me, and decided to share a few here, because we should spend more energy celebrating each other. First up, Elizabeth Taylor





I obviously never met her, but I've always felt an odd connection. Sure, she wasn't perfect. Maybe she was "too much," maybe she made mistakes - so do we all.

She was a light, on fire, full of passion, and the courage to live a life by her own design. Plus, what a talent. If you havent seen Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf - please do so immediately.  

She inspires me to laugh a bit too loudly, pile on the eyeliner, put on my lipstick, and not give a damn what anyone else might be thinking. 

The gospel of Elizabeth:
"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
“Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.”
"I feel very adventurous. There are so many doors to be opened, and I'm not afraid to look behind them." 
"I adore wearing gems, but not because they are mine. You can't possess radiance, you can only admire it."
"I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage."

Image 1, 23, 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger