Gas & breaks

Wednesday, September 26, 2012


So my sweet and funny friend Katie has a theory, (almost) everyone is either a gas or the breaks, a pusher or a holder, an extrovert or an introvert. What's more, gases usually end up with breaks and vice versa. This is theory my friends and I have come to adopt, it's fun deciding who's what (we decided to call people who fall in the middle the clutch). I am a classic gas, and the hubs is definitely the breaks.

Let me be clear, there are no judgements here, one's not better than the other. They're just different. For example: I'm just the one that's more likely to be found dancing on a table while the hubs might be playing pool, I'm the one who gets a wild hair and decides we need a new place, books seven open houses while the hubs say's "let's not get carried away," I'll make the inappropriate comment to get a laugh while the hubs might stick to a pun. It's a give and take, a balance that works most of the time. I think the main thing is to understand that you are different with different needs, and then to be okay with that.

Sounds simple right? :-)

So what do you think - are you a gas or are you the breaks? Or do you think this is a bunch of bologna?

Image of Richard Burton & Elizabeth Taylor. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger