Friday's Find

Friday, September 28, 2012

You may be aware that cold brewed coffee is the rage du jour. I was introduced to the craze by my sweet friend Christine who had recently purchased a Toddy Coffee maker, and in her enthusiasm convinced me (unintentionally) to order my own. Boom.


So what's good about cold brewed coffee? It's less acidic, less bitter, has less cholesterol, is smoother, and (surprisingly) more concentrated than other types of brewed coffee. Plus, you make a bunch at a time and it keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks. When you're ready to consume it, you just mix a bit of the coffee concentrate with hot or cold water and a bit of cream/sugar to taste. Here's how it works:

You follow the set-up instructions (duh), then layer water and coffee grounds (12 ounces of grounds total) in the brewing container.


Let sit and brew for at least 12 hours - I usually do all of the above in the evening and let sit over night. After it's brewed, pull the stopper out of the container and let the coffee drip into the pitcher. You may or may not have an audience for this step.


The pitcher will fill up with delicious coffee and you are ready to enjoy! super nummy ...


Top image via, others via yours truly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger