Wed Day

Wednesday, August 15, 2012



Are any of you out there newlywed? The Hubs and I are coming up on our 1 year anniversary (!) so I've started reflecting a bit on what that means, what (if anything) has changed, and on what's to come.

I recently read this post, also reflecting on the newlywed years. What really struck a chord with me was the mention of the lack of community for newlyweds. I only have two other close friends who are married as well. I don't find this lonely, so much as I find it interesting - is this a City thing, a generational thing, a cultural thing? Or maybe it's just a coincidence thing. :-)

Whatever the "thing" is, I think it would be interesting if there was a larger community out there discussing the trials and joys of the first years of a young marriage. Much of the discussion (at least that I've seen) seems to focus on the wedding, and then on nesting (primarily shopping, decorating, and cooking - all of which I love), and then on babies. What about everything else? Doest it even matter? Is everything else too personal? 

I'm still formulating my thoughts on this, as well as my reflections on the first year of our marriage. In the meantime, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Maybe we can get out own mini-discussion going.

Image viavia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger