Wed Day

Wednesday, March 14, 2012


Wedding cakes! I really enjoyed the whole cake process, from finding inspiration photos, to the tasting, to choosing a topper. The photo above is of our cake -- red velvet with mascarpone filling and butter cream frosting. I really wanted to go with red velvet, not only because I love it, but because it matched our color scheme. The hubs hand made our topper by cutting our silhouettes out of black foam core - he's surprisingly crafty.

But what's really fun about wedding cakes, is that it can be whatever you want. There really aren't any rules anymore. We decided to go a more traditional route, but you could decide to go with cup cakes, pies, a dessert bar, or even a cake made out of cheese. So in the spirit of celebrating cakes - I've rounded up a few fun options. Stay tuned!

Photo by Lisa Fitts

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger