The Hunger Games

Monday, March 26, 2012


Yesterday the hubs and I, along with millions of other people, went to see The Hunger Games. Well, first we went here (one of my favorite spots) for brunch and some bottomless mimosas, then we went to the movie. While the general premis of the story still makes me uncomfortable (although, I think that's a big part of the point) I thought the movie was really well done, and really entertaining. I also thought it was an interesting commentary on the culture of reality TV, where so much personal suffering is already laid out there for general consumption and entertainment. I could also wax poetic about hubris, hegemony, and the narrative of the various subjugated populations - perhaps that's a different post for a different day. 

In any case, how badass and endearing is Jennifer Lawrence?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger