From the weekend

Monday, February 13, 2012

I did a fair amount of Birthday breakfast making this past weekend:


Cinnamon rolls, for the birthday morning.


Homemade hollandaise sauce on Saturday morning for ...


eggs benedict! The hubs' birthday request.


What weekend would be complete without mimosas? None.

This was my first time making hollandaise sauce and it was easier than expected. To make your own, you need:

3 egg yokes
1 stick of butter (cubed)
1/4 cup of water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
dash of salt
pinch of cayenne
peper to taste

Whisk the yokes, water, and lemon juice over low heat until the mix bubbles slightly
Add the butter cube at a time, continue to whisk until all the butter has melted in and remove from heat
Stir in the seasonings and serve
Ta-Da!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - it seriously makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tickle My Fancy All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger